I just returned from the Land of Temptation - my parents' home! Food, oh my, there is food everywhere you turn. And GOOD food! Food that you can't eat just a little bit of! But---I did pretty well. I only ate my 3 meals a day. No snacking. One of my family member's famous quote is "No packin', no snackin'!" It means don't pack food in- stop when you're full AND obviously, no snacks between meals. I've been trying to follow it. I didn't get much exercise in, but I did alright for hanging out with the family.
The scale moved a little. I guess I am hoping for BIG results each time I get on there, but I will take a pound or two loss per week. Maybe it will stay off that way. Who knows! I'm thinking about more of a low-carb approach. OR joining Weight Watchers. I just can't decide.
My sister-in-law gives me Fitness Magazine every year for Christmas. I'm not sure if she's trying to tell me to get fit or just being nice, but it has some good stuff in it. I read the following quote that inspired me:
"My body is a reflection of how grateful I am for my life and my health; there are a lot of people less fortunate than me."
I want my body to reflect how I feel, too. My husband has been cancer free for 2 years. Our life is so good together. I don't want to be an unhealthy person. While my weight is not affecting my blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. yet, I am sure the day will come. I can't be overweight forever and it not damage my body.
I do want to make the necessary changes to become a healthier, more confident ME. I also want to work on being patient while these changes take place...that is SO difficult!
Let's keep on going!
For real, this time,
J
Great job!!! I love the "no packin no snackin"!
ReplyDeleteGood for you. I was with family too this weekend and an awful lot of tempting food.
ReplyDeleteLove "no packin', no snackin' " quote! :)
ReplyDeleteYou will do this. My mom once said, "Little by little, we whittle and whittle."
You've got the right attitude! It's hard to be patient, but just like you can't be overweight forever, you can't lose it overnight either. :) Looks like you're on the right path!
ReplyDeleteNo packin' no snackin' That is hilarious!!
ReplyDeleteI love that quote from the fitness magazine. So true!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the quote!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you survived the weekend.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the quote from the magazine. Thanks for sharing!
Congratulations! You survived! One to to pounds a week is excellent!!! Sure, we like big changes, but think of how quickly one to two pounds can add up (both ways). Love the quote from the magazine!
ReplyDeleteLove that quote in Fitness Magazine. I've been wanting to subscribe to that and keep putting it off...maybe today is the day I just get it!
ReplyDeleteI take a spin class on Wed. mornings and I was just saying yesterday that there would be more thin people if we could just see our lbs. fall off of us in bright neon dots as we were exercising. Wouldn't that be more exciting?!
Have a super day!
I know ! When we get together with family we just eat , drink and be merry don't we! Good for you you stayed on track! YES! Take the pound a week loss! That is great!!!
ReplyDelete