Have you ever seen a picture of yourself and not recognized YOU? Yep, that happened to me today!!!!
I saw a picture of me at 190 and I was like...is that ME???? NO WAY is that me!!! I am not pale, puffy and pastey! But, you know what? It was me! And, I am puffy and pastey...sometimes not so pale, but you get the picture. It was extremely motivating and confirmed I am tired of looking like this. I could see a little misery in my eyes in the picture. Probably undetectable to anyone else, but I could tell. I did not want my picture taken. I did not want 190 pounds documented. I do not like myself like this. I am not showing a healthy appearance because I am not (or have not been) eating healthy foods...maybe my foods have been too pale, pastey and puffy? Something to think about, isn't it!
I look forward to the day when I like having my picture taken. Will that day come?
I think so,
J

I so know what you mean! I'm going thru some stuff right now and I feel like I'm never going to get to my goal. This whole process can be ridiculously frustrating, but at the same time it's so worthwhile. Keep you chin up! You'll get there! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat day WILL come! I promise. I used to HATE getting my picture taken. There are tons of family pics without mommy in them. How sad when I look back. 65 lbs later it isnt so bad getting my pic taken! It isnt that I think I am beautiful or anything, its just nice to see pics and be able to have the memories of that moment instead of not being able to get past how "big" I looked. We Went to a wedding this weekend. And for the first time I looked at my pics after and there were lots, with me in them even!!! I am going to post them on my blog tomorrow I think.
ReplyDeleteSo...hang in there. You will get there!!!!
Jennifer
I have to laugh, because I just told someone recently that I'm so happy to be where I'm at now, but I have to remind myself that I'm still fat. LOL I'm 192 and thrilled with it, but here you are totally disgusted with 190. More LOL'ing!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you become happy with yourself soon and can enjoy picture taking. I've never minded taking pictures no matter how big I was. However, when I found myself hiding for the first time during a photo opportunity I knew it was another clue for me to do something about my health/weight. I was 231 lbs ... and now I'm seeing progress little by little.
You are too. It'll come. Just don't quit! You'll get there!!! :)
Have a great week!
Totally understand.
ReplyDeleteThe day will come! Keep up your hard work, and it will pay off! Although I think you should like having your picture taken now, because you're beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt was photographs that first brought home the reality of my weight gain for me and sent me about doing something to change it!
ReplyDeleteEventually yes, you will be okay with having your picture taken and you enjoy what you see. It takes a while for the mind to allow you to see yourself different but it happens!