Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oh, my! Plugging my ears!

I thought this would happen later...like when she was 16 or so!

My second grader (who is cute as a button if I do say so myself--blonde, tan, with big green eyes) came home today. She says... Mom! Kevin came up to me on the playground today. He said I am hot and SAXY! (That's not a typo...she said saxy. Hee hee hee.)

I said-- What did you say back? (Trying to keep a straight face)

She said---Well, I ran after him. Tackled him to the ground, held him down and told him he'd regret saying that!

I admit, I kinda giggled at this point. I really couldn't think of what to say. So I went with--- Well, you and your friends really shouldn't say those things to each other. It's inappropriate. And, you probably shouldn't tackle each other either. It isn't lady like (yes, I used my mother's phrase!!!Yikes.) Maybe you should ask Kevin to keep those thoughts to himself. You can ask your Dad about it later if you want to.

I was really quite puzzled if you want to know the truth. I handle this stuff all the time with my 4th graders, but this is MY kid. MY DAUGHTER. She is 7. She is NOT SAXY.

Oh, my. Here we go...

But isn't it kinda funny!

(Just an update, I kinda slipped a little in the eating department the past couple of days. I'm also going to my parents house this weekend. I'm going to have to work really hard to get back on track. I mean, I could gain 5 pounds if I'm not careful. That place is a trouble zone. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Oh, I also haven't been exercising or drinking water. Really, I should just confess to totally falling off the wagon for about 3 or 4 whole days. Oops! Well, I'm going to try to get back in the saddle. Here we go again, right?)

J

5 comments:

  1. I fell off that bandwagon with you. As I too have not REALLY exercised since Sunday night :/ As for water, that is pretty much ALL I drink but for a change I'll have tea, hot chocolate, or an energy drink (if my husband has them kicking around). Good luck at your parent's! Stay strong. And remember, START RIGHT NOW, TODAY to gain control of what goes in that trap! :) We can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! Working as a children's librarian I hear it all :) I think your response to your daughter was perfect!

    You can do! I know you will be back on track and exercising like crazy again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised to hear 5 year olds saying boyfriend and girlfriend last month!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's scary and hilarious all at the same time! A few weeks ago my 3-year old niece asked me to do her hair. As I was brushing it out she exclaimed "Use the purple ribbons, Auntie Rae. Owen likes purple". WHA!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahah "saxy".. gives me a giggle, but also maybe a little shiver...wayyy too young for her classmate to even use that word if ya ask me!

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!