Friday, October 1, 2010

One Small Victory

I had a small victory this morning in my bathroom on the scale. I almost lost 10 pounds in September. I like saying almost 10 instead of 9. It just sounds better to me. Even though I know there is nothing wrong with 9 pounds. I could make a few excuses< but I won't ...Although I am a little PMS...I may adjust my weigh in day depending on my start day if you know what I mean. We'll see what the week brings. :)

To be honest, I thought it might be over 10 pounds. My clothes are fitting better. I wore a pair of pants today that I couldn't /wouldn't wear 2 weeks ago. They were too tight in my waist. I always lose the weight there first. I can tell a difference. I am on a roll right now. I feel good. I feel committed. I feel confident. I refuse to be upset because it isn't more of a weight loss. I've worked hard, and it's been real life...know what I mean? Nothing drastic, nothing really abnormal...it is truly something I could do forever. I am happy with that.

I also like it that weighing in once a month has kept my obsession with the scale at bay. I've been focusing on my eating and exercise one day at a time. If I slip at one meal, that's okay. I refocus and start over. I am not focused in on that number every hour or so, or even every day.

I will weigh again November 1, I guess. Like I said above, I may switch my day depending on my cycle.

Sept.1 was 198. Today was 189. Hip, hip, hooray!!!!!

Hope you are all doing well.

12 comments:

  1. Good for you! That is a lot of progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!!!! Good for you! 10lbs (almost 10 but come on...) in one month is just incredible! So happy for YOU! I like the idea of weighing in only once a month...I often get down if I weigh in everyday and the scale doesn't move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *standing on my chair, clapping wildly, saying whhhooohhhhhoooo!!!*

    Shoot, J, call it 10 lbs, you deserve to round it up. It's called grace :) Okay? Good!

    Do over: *standing on my chair, clapping wildly saying whoooohoooooo! J lost TEN pounds!!! Whhooohhhhooo!*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo - way to go!! 9 pounds in an impressive loss. I would be tempted to 'round up' to 10, too. ha ha. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Roughly 9 pounds a month is solid work! Doctors recommend 1-2lbs/ week, so I'd say you're exactly in the perfect range!! :) Keep it up! Oh... and thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! :) What a great success! :) Keep it up, and keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Nine pounds is a great,healthy loss for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaay! That is a great loss! I am struggling with one or two these days :(

    Keep up the great work! You are doing awesome!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!