Thursday, October 28, 2010

Click!

Have you ever heard a message and it just clicked? It's the same message, really, that you've been hearing for years and years...but this time it clicked. That happened to me this week. We had a devotion on Wednesday. My coworker held up a sign-- on one side it said

Today

on the other side it said

Tomorrow

"Today" was decorated beautifully. "Tomorrow" was just plain. She said WE spend too much time planning for tomorrow. I'll start _______ tomorrow. (Diets, budgets, discipline, studying, self-improvement basically). We think we've blown it today so we say oh, well...tomorrow.

THAT'S ME!

I've been blowing it lately. Every day, I blow it and say "tomorrow." And when tomorrow comes and I blow it again, I say "tomorrow" AGAIN. I have wasted another WEEK! I know I have gained some weight back. I have to stop the yo-yo. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of this cycle. This is not the me I want to be. So....a couple of days ago, I started the "TODAY" plan. I haven't slipped. (I had to erase the "yet" off the end of that sentence....just being honest with you.) I'm trying hard not to. But, you guys, I really haven't been tempted. That's the truth. Tonight, my husband left on a fishing trip. My girls wanted pizza. I caved --for them. I had grilled fish. Go ahead---clap for me. I enjoyed it. Didn't even want a bite of the pizza. I know there will be days that I will take the bite. That's okay.

I've had writer's block here lately. I've been reading up on you, but just not writing on my blog.

But today, I feel that I'm ready. I'm sure now that I can control my weight. I've written I.J.F. on a sticky note on my desk. It stands for "It's Just Food."

This time of year brings in a lot of parent volunteers with A LOT of special treats for ME. It will continue through Christmas. I've been taking them, saying thank you, and telling the parent(s) that I am going to save it for later. I give it away (or throw it away if I can't find a taker) when the giver is gone. After all, it is JUST food. I will be okay without the treat. I will have a treat at another time. Just not several in one day. Just not every day. I want to FEEL like ME again.

Let's do it.

Today,

4 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTER! Let's do it! Good for you , throw those treats away!
    Have a pretty day!!!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done it all too much too lately. Blown it one day so just given in and binged hugely. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the "tomorrow I will do better" thing every single day. All this Halloween candy in the house is killing me. My jeans that were loose last year are so tight right now. I don't feel like me either. I may come back and read this post again....and again....and again.......

    Clapping for you not eating the pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Mantra for myself: IJF - I LOVE that term. Stealing it! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!