Monday, October 4, 2010

It is official

Well, I caught my first cold of the season, and I have made it official---I have lost OVER 10 pounds! I had to weigh and check. I always tell my husband that you can tell when I am really sick when I DON"T EAT. Because that rarely ever happens to me. Now, I just have to watch and not let it creep back up on me.

I went to the grocery store this afternoon. I was very motivated. I stocked up on healthy snacks and meals. I think I am truly, truly ready to do this. Keep your fingers crossed for me b/c this feels good.

Have you ever had a person who just was a nay-sayer (did I spell that right???)? There is a girl at work that is so negative to anyone who is trying to lose weight. Today, one of my students brought cupcakes for her birthday. I took one to be nice, but when I got back to my room I put it away. This woman asked why. I told her I was watching my weight. She proceeded to remind me that I had had dessert the week before, and would probably have it the next week. I was perplexed. I've seen her do this before. Of course, we all have people like this in our lives. Why do people do this?

I'm making a list of people who have been nay-sayers in my life recently. I'm leaving it here and I will not let these people distract me.
Deannea
Whitney
MIL
Kim


Have a great night...stay healthy!
J

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that you are feeling so motivated. I love the highs of this journey. Its great to feel in control and on the right track.

    Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a co-worker who is heavier who always says that eating a piece of cake (or whatever else) once a month won’t hurt you. True. But when a piece of cake once a month turns into once a week or ever more frequent than that, then it’s a problem. That’s what I’m trying to prevent myself from doing...making a bad habit. I just agreed with her and left it at that. I know I’m strong enough to walk away from that cake and not feel guilty!

    Good for you and congrats on your loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never forget the look on Baboons face (a relative) when he threw a piece of chocolate and carmel candy at me and said 'here, eat this' then threw 3 more at me. I ignored till the 3rd one and said "I can't. I'm diabetic. It'll kill me." He finally left me alone.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!