When I derailed my train over the past two weeks, I also had this amazing a-ha moment...
wait for it...
my "program" won't work for me, if I don't work for it!
meaning, if I don't count points--I blow through my healthy lifestyle. I overeat. I don't eat in moderation. I have no self-control. When I blow it, even one little meal, I tend to throw in the towel for the day. I know, it makes no sense! But, that is my pattern. I have got to learn, this doesn't work for me, or for anyone.
meaning, if I don't work my body: a) I don't feel good, b) stress consumes me, c) I don't help myself lose more weight, d) I don't tone, and e) feeling more and more miserable usually makes me eat and eat more. But when I exercise, it gives me even more motivation to stay on course. So, I've got to work out. Work it!
meaning, I have to hold myself accountable consistently to you. I have chosen this forum to help me in this journey. I cannot hide from you. I have to be honest about the good time and the bad times. My highs and my lows. My times of strength and my times of weakness. This swing is inevitable, and it is perfectly okay. I do not have to be perfect. There was only one perfect person to walk the earth: Jesus. So, the sooner I believe it is okay to slip, get up quickly, admit to it, and move on, the better off I will be.
Thanks for listening,
J
I had this issue a few weeks ago, then the light bulb went off !! If you want to lose weight you need to work at it, plain and simple.
ReplyDeleteGreat words of wisdom...something I needed to hear too. Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteSo true! It's like that quote, "If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done." I'm getting back on track myself, and I've been repeating that every time I want to revert to my bad habits!
ReplyDeleteAlways good to have the a-ha moments. Keep on pushing forward...
ReplyDelete