I weighed 175.8 today. I was very happy with that. Just a little over a week ago I was 179. I've lost since I stopped the binge...go figure!. I have one more pound to go to get back to my lowest 174.8. I feel back in control. Here we go....again. At least I didn't totally lose control and give up as I have done so many times.
We went to Disney World over Spring Break. It was fun and I kept my eating in moderation with a few indulgences...it was vacation after all!!! I'm sure my loss was due to tons of walking...there was NO TIME to run. That's the kind of vacation you need a vacation from! Busy, busy, busy!!! We were on the go from sun-up to sundown!!! Truly!
However, I got sick on the last night and began to vomit. I threw up 3 times. I was then met by intense pain in my back. And, I began belching like crazy. I had a gallbladder attack (that was MUCH worse) about 10 years ago. I'm beginning to wonder if this was gallbladder problems again. I didn't eat spicy food, but I did eat a "rich" Polynesian meal with a glass of wine the night before. I very rarely drink alcohol...probably less than 5 times a year and never more than one glass. Has anyone else ever had gallbladder problems and can give me advice? If my back pain continues, I'll probably see my doctor on Monday. It's pretty bad.
One other bad habit that came back was drinking Diet Coke. Now, I know they are zero points on WW. And some of you feel that I should just drink it, but to me...it leads to 1, 2, 3, then 8 DC's a day. It gets out of control. So yesterday, I went back on the water only drinking plan. Well, I have to have one coffee in the morning, but after that...only H2O.
Now that my eating is under control and I'm drinking water...I need to up my running again. I plan to post my mileage b/c that really helped me last time.
I want to be under 170 by the end of April. Is this doable? I guess we will see!
Here I go!
J
Definitely get it checked out before it gets any worse. I had mine taken out in 2007. I went about 6 months before my doctor realized it was Gall Bladder...they kept thinking it was a bad stomach virus that I kept getting (because I work with children.) By the time I had my surgery it had started to gangrene.
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the vacation and walking and the weight!
ReplyDeleteI had my gallbladder out a few years ago.
When I had my attack it felt like I might be having a heart attack--it was very painful.
Any kind of fatty food will bring on the symptoms- something like, say, Polynesian food, would definitely aggravate gallbladder issues.
I'm so sorry about the pain you've been in. I hope it subsides quickly.
ReplyDeleteVery proud of you for jumping right back to your water. I have the same issue and try to just stick with water. I only drink Diet Coke when we're going out to eat (which isn't often). It's a treat that way and is never in my house.
And 170 by the end of April is definitely doable. Strive for it. It's a great goal! Even if you don't end up hitting it, you'll be that much closer. :)
You went on vacation AND you lost weight?! That's awesome J! Hope you feel better...sounds like you may need to go to the doctor.
ReplyDeleteI also had my gallbladder out a few yrs ago--the pain was coming more frequently and much worse--once i finally went to the dr i had to get it removed the next wk...def get it checked out!
ReplyDeleteI second the 'strive for the goal' - because no matter what you are at the end of April, by striving for it, you'll be closer to that then you are now :D GO FOR IT.
ReplyDeleteI've not had Gall Bladder issues so can offer no advice :( I hope you feel better soon.
I'm glad you feel back in control, and you should be proud you caught yourself before going so far back you have to start again (as so often happens to many on our journey)
xx
YEAH!!!on the weight loss. BOOO!! on the pain. Do see the doctor before it gets badder. Goals are great and writing the down is such great reminders. You go girl, you're doing excellent.
ReplyDeleteTake care, get better and God Bless!!