I am learning to recognize when I want food for reasons *other* than hunger. It's a good first step in the right direction. Stopping emotional eating.
Sometimes, I am successful....other times, I fail miserably!
I know that for years...long time...I have been using food as my bandaid.
I eat when I am...
upset
nervous
happy
angry
sad
excited
celebrating
lonely
stressed
socializing
etc, etc, etc...
If my husband and I have one of our rare arguments, uh- I mean "discussions"...the first thing I want to do is PIG OUT.
If my mother-in-law makes a "weighty" comment...I just want to eat and show her who's boss!
If I reach some kind of goal or something like that, I want to eat as a reward.
When I have a girls' night out (rare), we eat, eat, and eat more.
Tonight I am stressed and look what happened...
These little Reese's pieces! In a cute carrot wrapper. In case you haven't enjoyed these little pieces of glory...like M&M's but with peanut butter!!! Yum!
We are right in the middle of our HUGE home renovation project...lots of work, lots of money. A little gamble on our parts, really. Although I trust that the Lord will take care of us as always, I am a worrier. (I'm working on that too!) So, I have eaten 3 handfuls of these treats! Oh, my!
Get out of here emotional eating! UGH...
Onto another battle tomorrow~
J

I think you just described me to a "T". *sigh* Just know you're not the only one who eats for any and all occasions. I'm working on that myself too. It takes a lot of willpower.
ReplyDeleteAnd what's up with wanting to eat when we get in "tiffs" with our husbands? My thinking..."Let me show you...I'm eating this whole bag of M&M's...take that!". LOL! Really? I really think that way? Who am I truly hurting here? Sheesh...stupid inner talk which makes no sense. :)
First of all, a home renovation...how exciting!
ReplyDeleteI feel like so many of your posts could be mine...just change the name!
This afternoon I had jelly beans and bbq chips...even though all I have been complaining about is how tight my capris are! Uuughh!