So, as she was telling us this story we had tears running down our faces from laughing so hard. Why had she said checkers???? Too funny! I can't wait until her son is old enough to know the real game of checkers...what will she say then?
Well, of course, I told my husband about it. And, oh the fun he has had with it. Wanna play checkers tonight? Let's go play checkers, babe. Oh, he's full of himself. :)
One thing about us, we've always had a great sex life. No matter what my size is. We've had awesome chemistry since DAY 1. But this week, I've been thinking of WHY I want to lose weight. You know...it is for health reasons. But, those really haven't impacted me yet. I have great blood pressure. Not diabetic. Not really any health problems...yet. I can really do practically anything I choose to do. I can fit in any seat I want. So even though, I know I need to lose weight to be healthy, there are other reasons I truly want to lose weight.
1. I don't want to dread swimsuit season. I want to play with my kids in the pool/lake anytime...not only when it is family around. I NEVER get in a swimsuit in front of friends. EVER.
2. I want to have fun shopping. Not hate myself every minute of it.
3. I want to feel sexy. In a great pair of jeans. In a nightie. All of it.
4. I want to stop comparing myself to other women. Stop wishing to be them.
5. I want my kids to be proud of me (how I look).
6. I want to stop thinking about my weight 23 out of the 24 hours per day.
7. I want to tone up. So that I feel confident in all types of clothes. I want to stop hiding in black.
8. I want to feel young again.
9. I want to sincerely accept compliments given to me. Not think the opposite as I say thank you.
10. I want to stop dreading to see people I haven't seen in a couple of years.
I added another one to my list last night. My husband has been out of town this past week. He returned ---ready to play checkers. I was ready, too. But, I want to stop having to worry about my positions. My belly is okay standing up and laying flat, but sitting up is just wrong. I can't believe I have let it get out of control. I try to hide it from My Man, but who am I kidding? He knows. Thank goodness, he doesn't seem to care. He is so sexy and in shape. He has the commitment and will power that I have not.
I'm hoping to change all of this. I want it quickly, but I know it takes time. One pound at a time.
I can't do this overnight, no matter what. I know I have to work through it. Make the changes stick and form new habits for a lifetime.
Changing,

You are so lucky to have such a great "checkers" life:) And to have a man who love and is attracted to you. Mine has never cared about my size, but there have been times I have felt so ugh that I did not want to be touched. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteYou said about comparing yourself with other women...I found myself doing this just this morning. I had a 5k that was a "1st annual" so I was worried about being the last person to finish. As we're standing at the beginning of the race I kept looking at all the other women around me thinking if I could beat them to the finish. It's ridiculous, but I guess that just how my mind works. I want to get rid of that mentality, too!
ReplyDeleteWe all have our stuff!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for laying out those reasons. What great motivation! You are gonna do it...you already are.
That is such a funny answer...lol.
ReplyDeleteYour reasons for wanting to lose sound great!!