Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wish Me Luck, I'm Gonna Need It!

We are leaving in the wee hours of the morning for the beach (so the little ones will sleep along the way--hopefully!). Anyway, we are going for SEVEN days with my in-laws. I really do love them all, but you all know about my MIL. I am hoping that my self-esteem can take an entire week of her fat comments...especially with me in a swim suit. So, I would appreciate all prayers, well-wishes, warm and happy thoughts sent my way...

I was reading People Magazine yesterday (I know, high-brow literature, right?). It did wonders for my self-esteem. The main feature is "50 Most Amazing Bodies"...well, I had to read these fabulous body secrets. One slim star said..."I have a diet secret: It's called control." Now, at first I thought the little young thing was being sassy. But, you know what, she's right. Self-control: eating and activity. I control both of those things in my life (most of the time...yesterday's doctor's visit felt like they controlled my activity for a LONG time--but I digress). Even though, I will never look like the girl in the magazine (it's way too late for that--not being negative, it's reality people), I can feel in control of ME. I will control my eating and I will control my exercise (I mean by actually doing it).

I am also going to TRY to control my thoughts. This one is the most difficult for me, I think. I am so, terribly hard on myself. I remember weighing 125 pounds (my lowest adult weight since college...I'm about 5'7" maybe a little more). I was THIN, friends. But you know what! I still complained about my thighs. Ridiculous I tell you. Oh, how I wish I could talk to my 25 year old self. And...I remember feeling so fat at 160...I mean I felt really bad about me. What I wouldn't give to see that number on the scale again! It's all relative, isn't it! I'm going to try to find nice things about me instead of looking for all the flaws.

On another note...

I hope you all have a Happy Father's Day weekend.

5 things I love about my husband as a father:
1. My kids run to door EVERY night when he gets home from work. :)
2. He plays "tea party" with my little girls even though I'm sure he'd rather do 100 other things.
3. He takes time to talk to them on the phone during the day even though I know he is SO busy at work.
4. He takes them on Daddy Date Nights so mommy can keep her sanity.
5. My kids know he loves them and will always be there for them.

I am really blessed to have such a wonderful husband, and I have a great father, too. I hope you are blessed as well.

I'll be MIA for a week. I hope you don't forget about me! Keep shedding the pounds!
:)
J

16 comments:

  1. Have a great trip. Stay strong against the negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time at the beach! I hope the MIL can keep it in check for a few days. ;)
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy am I happy I found you. Just happened to sit down and blog hop a bit. Don't have a clue where I came from but glad I stopped and stayed.
    MIL are sometimes difficult. I've been married 30 years and for 30 years haven't been allowed in their house. We go out to eat on Christmas otherwise don't see her from year to year but when we do, she has yet to like how I look, how I eat, how I talk, how I raise our son. It use to bother me, now I just figure it's her loss.
    I hope you have a great vacation. Try not to let her get to you. You are a beautiful woman inside and out. Keep up the great work.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip, new to your blog, but i look forward to following your journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Likewise, I'm new to your blog. *Love* the Daddy List! Sending good thoughts for your vaca, with MIL. Been there, done that, eventually gave her son back to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. jealous your going to the beach!!!!! have a wonderful time and dont let mil get to you! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be at the beach with you! Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck surviving a week with the IN LAWS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. have a great trip! positive thoughts and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're having a marvelous time at the beach!

    I'm beyond the People images, too, and I agree with you that control is a truly beautiful thing. So empowering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog on Scale Junkie and I wanted to say that I look forward to reading more AND I love your layout! So shabby cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation and that you survive your MIL's comments!

    Enjoy yourself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the in laws. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Oh how I remember thinking how fat I was at the same weight back in the day. Oh how I wish I could tell myself back then how great I looked.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your trip goes great. Keep us posted!!!
    awwww... what a good daddy!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!