First and foremost, thanks for all of the comments! I never knew how much it would mean to have so many friends cheering me on! I am loving this already and feel so much support! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Many people commented on the blog and privately to my email about my MIL's comments...several said at least she thinks I'm pretty. And, I am grateful for that...it is just why can't you be overweight and pretty? Why can't I just BE ME? Anyway, I'm not feeling near as bitter toward her today! :) Today, my target is exercise!
I've been doing The 30-Day Shred, and I do like it. I mix it up a little with the treadmill and swimming. Here are a few of my thoughts on exercising. Let me know what you think!
1. I really don't like to sweat. I also don't like to change my clothes (into the workout bra, shoes, etc.)
2. Are the jumping jacks difficult for anyone else who has had kids?????
3. I hurt. I mean HURT! Is because of the fat pressing down on my poor knees/ankles/feet or am I just getting old???? Oh, and my poor arms...they scream at me.
4. Lunges. Love 'em/Hate 'em. Need I say more? (Did I hear an amen?)
5. I really did want to hit Jillian when she said she wants abs like that other girl! I mean, really!
6. My kids annoyed me when they were eating Cheetos while I was working out!
7. I jiggle a lot! :)
8. How many times do you have to do the 30-Day Shred to lose 50 pounds? I am certain it is going to take more than 30 days!
Even though it is not so much fun while I am doing it, it does give me a feeling of accomplishment. I do feel better, and I feel like it helps me stay on track with my eating. I don't want to waste the workout with a calorie overload!
I hope all of you are doing well today! I hope the fat is melting off!
Thanks again for the encouragement! J
Thank you for visiting my blog. You will find much support here among other bloggers.
ReplyDeleteI bought The Shred in the fall and did it once or twice. I wasn't wearing a Sports Bra and the jumping jack part was uncomfortable. I have since bought a few sports bras because I fooled around with jogging until my knee told me otherwise. I might give The Shred another try ... properly dressed.
Yes, I think having children eat crunchy, salty, delicious snacks while I'm sweating and panting would be discouraging!
How long have you been doing 30 day Shred? Are you doing level 1? I usually do level 2, and then mix that up with my other DVD's. [to make different parts of me suffer. haha] Actually, it probably won't be that long til you are fine with it. What lb weights are you using?
ReplyDeleteYou will 'jiggle' less all the time. And wearing proper workout clothing helps too. ha
It sure is a sense of accomplishment for me too; to do my dvd's or even a long walk. So much so that I even keep track of what I did when. That's just my personality, and I want something, listed every day. And I hear you on not wanting to "waste" or nullify a perfectly good workout afterward due to eating!
Good job! Chrissy
Hey there! Steph from Goober Monkey :) Check out my 30 Day Shred reviews on my blog...they're good for a laugh ;)
ReplyDeleteNewest follower to keep you in line! ;) Thanks for commenting on my story on Watch My Butt Shrinking! :)
I haven't had kids and I struggle with the jumping jacks from time to time - how bad is that??? I've got no hope.
ReplyDeleteMust incorporate pelvic floor into my exercise routine ;)
It's been my experience that you can't succeed with this weight-loss journey if you try to half-ass it.
ReplyDeleteMy advice? Take a full set of measurements and plaster them up on this space. Put your weight bigger than life over on the side, and then weigh in religiously every week and put THAT number (loss or gain) big as life over there as well.
What you'll discover is that (a) nobody around here will be shocked by what you weigh and (b) we all want you to succeed and it's easier for us to help you when we have all the information. Besides, it'll put added pressure on you to do well throughout the week. As your audience grows, there will be more and more pressure for you not to disappoint. Sometimes that's the only thing that keeps me on the wagon... the knowledge that I'm going to have to post a number in front of a large crowd of peeps.
You're come this far... come a little farther.
Make a leap of faith.
1. Sweating is gross, but you get used to it and tolerate it. (I also find that I sweat less the more weight I lose because my body doesn't overheat as easily.)
ReplyDelete2. Jumping Jacks are killer for ANYONE! They're great exercise -- keep doing them!
3. Oh be careful with your joints. Use a knee support if you need to. (I used to have to when I jogged.) Your muscles should hurt following a good workout, NOT your joints. If you hurt, modify your workout accordingly. A workout-related-injury will set your weight loss back significantly.
4. Lunges. Love 'em/Hate 'em. ABSOLUTELY!!!
5. I missed Jillian's comments I think!
6. You didn't have your kids working out with you?!
7. Jiggles!!! Yes. At my heaviest, when I jogged my ass would jiggle so hard the SKIN HURT when I was done exercising. Boobies too.
8. How many times do you have to do the 30-Day Shred to lose 50 pounds? I am certain it is going to take more than 30 days! That all depends on your weight, BMR, RMR, calorie intake, etc. It's impossible to answer that question without knowing a lot, LOT more. If you're doing well losing weight, you should aim for 2 pounds with loss per week, so that would make it 25 weeks or six months to lose fifty pounds.
Hope that helps!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net