Thursday, June 17, 2010

Home, Sweet, Home

Well,
I'm home. It was a nice, quick get away. I won some battles, I lost some battles...I did great on most meals, but I did eat one FRIED shrimp meal and one ice cream cone. I walked a lot though. Maybe, it won't hurt me too bad! I tried not to be too miserable next to my gorgeous sister on the beach!

Have I mentioned that I have two younger, beautiful, thin sisters? One of them is tall, model beautiful, and very thin, with long flowing dark hair....the other is also thin and looks a lot like me...just the improved version--just downright pretty and sweet! I know I sound like I'm fishing for compliments out of comparison to my sisters. I'm not. We are all best friends, all have unique gifts, and we are all blessed. I'm not jealous of them at all (well, maybe a little of their thighs). But I love them dearly!

I definitely suffer from some rare disorder of comparing myself to every woman that walks by me. I realized this on the beach. I don't do it in a mean way. It is more in a way..."Am I measuring up?" I would think, I want hair like her, I want a tummy like her, I want thighs like her.... I need help, I know. (I saw a super skinny/toned woman who had just had twins come out with her stroller on the beach....I was thinking...WHAT?????) I'm working on my confidence. I am working on ME, every aspect of me. Insecurity eats away at me at times. (I know it's not pretty!)

I wanted to answer some questions that were posted about my last post.

1. My mother in law is very petite. She is only 5'2" ish and maybe 100 pounds give or take 5 depending on the day. She loves to tell everyone her weight.

2. My husband does stand up to her frequently. I'm not sure if she doesn't hear him, believe him, or care. But, he's a good guy. I am very blessed to have him. He would tell you the same about me. We know God has taken care of us. He is cancer survivor, and we know all about teamwork. He's totally on my team and always has my back. No worries there. Thanks for your concern though.


I really missed reading about all of you!
I'm totally back on the plan...til Sunday when we leave for another trip! :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice time with your sisters.
    I can totally relate to comparing myself to other women. The other day I went to the pool and found myself looking at all the other women in their swimsuits and wondering how I looked compared to some of them. I don't know why we do that to ourselves.
    I'm glad you and your husband are so supportive eachother. I'm sorry his mom is such a piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - fellow compare-er here. :) I do find myself also thinking things like, "At least I don't have ______ to deal with." I guess that's a good way to switch the comparing around and making positive self affirmations. I think it comes from learning to be happy with how I'm built, so while I can't wait to look like people of my same build that are thinner I'm usually happy not to have to deal with other things I see..like "cankles".

    Glad you had a good time with your sisters. Next year you'll be just as proud of yourself on that beach as you were of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your comment and FYI - you can buy greek yogurt at the regular grocery and health stores. :)

    I just bought a book on smoothies, but I put on my post what was in that shake. Add 1/2 c. water and some ice cubes and put it all in the blender and voila! Yum and cool for summer. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time with your sisters! It is hard not to compare ourselves isn't it! Thanks for your comment today on my blog!
    Have a pretty night!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I compare too! I'm working on it, though.

    Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you had a nice time! i think no matter how much you like yourself you compare yourself to others. hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!