I've lost only a small amount of weight, but my clothes are baggy already. I'm hanging out at 185 pounds right now. I gained a few in the last week...the sweets have been out at my elementary school. But today was my last day, so I'm back on the train. Anyhoo, my pants are baggy even though I've only lost a little weight. Especially in the waist. I always lose there first. Therefore, my pants are hanging LOW.
I really love how this feels, but it doesn't look very good. AND, it makes me feel like I can EAT. Middle of last week, I was weighing around 182. I was feeling good. Thinking the 170s were close. My pants were loose. People were noticing the change. I cheated once. Thinking to myself, I can afford this...(my pants are so loose!)...happened again the next day...the next day...still happening today. See where I'm going with this.
I think the BAGGY PANTS are bad for me. Tight pants make me feel like I can't eat! They are a constant reminder of why I don't need the triple chocolate cookies my room mom made especially for me. :) Yes, the were SO good!
However, I cannot afford to buy new pants for every size. I like to buy new pants about every other size. For example, my pants are 14s now. So I probably won't buy new ones until I am a 10. Any advice here??? Anyone else have this problem???
I should be back to more regular blogging now that school is out for Christmas break...whew!
:)
J
Baggy pants are bad for me too!!! Can you take in the waistbands? What a great problem to have:)
ReplyDeleteFirst, congrats :) Second, have you thought about buying a pair of pants at the thrift store? This can be a good "tide you over" option without spending lots of $. The baggy pants problem is a great one to have...way to go!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Tiffany. I buy my jeans from a 2nd hand store for about $8 a peice. They're fantastic. I've just squeezed into a tight pair of skinny jeans because my other pair are too big. I totally agree that the tighter they are the better. It definately spurs you on to be good and you notice the results better because every little smidgen looser (or the fact you didn't have to lie down on the bed to do the zipper up) can be identified easier if not baggy. WELL DONE :D
ReplyDeleteHave you thought about belts? If your pants are only a bit baggy, having a nice belt to hold them up is an easy & versatile option.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing you can do is buy 1 or 2 items that are just a smidge too small-- then get some squeezy underthings that let you fit into them (or really the smarter thing to do would be to by the squeezy underthings and THEN the slightly-too-tight pants/skirts, so that you know they fit with the proper undies). This can be useful because (a) having your innards a bit restricted by a garter or whatever makes it harder to overeat AND is good for your posture, (b) as you slim down you'll eventually discover that you can fit into the smaller pants WITHOUT the squeezy things, so you've already got your transition clothes, and (c) squeezy underwear will generally fit you over a range of sizes, so you won't shrink out of it as soon as you drop another 10 lbs.
Edit to add: my captcha was "hyman" and I giggled like a little kid.
Great minds think alike - I 2nd the 'squeezy underthing' too :D. In fact, I had just done a blog post on them - they're my little secret ;) ssssh http://hannahsreductions.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-got-secret.html
ReplyDeleteMaybe a friend has an old pair of jeans in the size you need.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you....I hate it when my pants start to droop, but I'm too cheap to buy new pants with every change in sizes. I tend to wear them way longer than I should. At least you're losing - keep it up!!!
ReplyDelete