I feel like I've been telling myself that for the past two days. I feel like I am standing on the edge of the cliff. Dangerously close to slipping back to my old ways. Why? I'm not too sure. I am feeling stressed. I do have a slight cold again, so I'm not feeling my best AGAIN. I think my family just keeps passing the sniffles around. But, I really think it is being busy that is getting to me. I am feeling rushed all the time. I like things calm. I like to be home.
Food is being brought to my school...treats. Yummy ones.
I keep reminding myself of the wedding video. I keep repeating my mantra of "it's just food."
{My skinny friend from the wedding saw her picture in the book and said "oh, look how boney I am!" I looked at her like she was absolutely crazy. I mean, really? Can she even say that in front of me? Is that allowed? I think I want to be too boney...do I? Yes, I want the reverse problem today.}
Anyhoo...I am feeling a little strung out, but I am holding my own. I did eat 3 Whoppers. (you know the chocolate covered malt balls). Yum. They were worth it. AND, I had a little extra pasta at lunch. But, other than that, I am still under control. But, my mind is racing with ideas for out-of-control-eating. I am going shopping tomorrow... so I will have to be VERY careful!
Good luck to all of you,
J
How are you getting on with monitoring how much you are eating? Calorie counting? Just winging it? How many calories are you eating each day? I'm just being nosy - perhaps you could have a day or two of maintenence calories and enjoy some treats to get it out of your system, and then back on board with more control? I do that. I'm out tonight at my hubby's work do and I intend on doing a lot of out of control eating (and drinking lol). I've had to reduce my calories a couple of hundred all week but I hope it balances out so I have a maintain weigh in weight on Monday... tho I can accept a gain because I haven't had one yet in 12 weeks. Hang in there, at least you are still on the edge of that cliff!
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling. Especially around this time of year, all the holiday treats and spending extra time w/ family & friends-- you can slip into old habits and get out of control really fast.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it. Even just maintaining at this time of year is a victory of sorts, isn't it? You'll be OK.
Ah, J, I know how that feels. I can relate. I am finding life too busy and stressful, and that is exactly what drives me to overeating. When I feel out of control of my life, I start to eat to calm it all down.
ReplyDeleteBut, you're right? It's just food, isn't it? It only has the ability to feed our hungry bodies. It does not have the ability to make us less busy.
I feel the same way this week. Edge of the cliff! I also feel stressed... and that always puts me on the edge.
ReplyDeleteSOOO hard isn't it with all of the treats! Stay strong girl!!!!!!!!! Stay strong!
Good luch shopping! Drink lots of water and treat yourself to a no calorie coffee maybe!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin
But... you are still in control! That's the key. This is such a hard time of year that you should give yourself kudos for not dealing with the stress and temptation by actually falling off that cliff.
ReplyDeleteIt's such a hard time of year. It's really hard for me right now too. I always justify everything and tell myself it's okay because it's the holidays. I know that's not good. But, January will be here before we know it...and we can work our butt off then, right?! (I know...I have stinkin thinkin)
ReplyDeleteWay to go on staying in control, even when it's hard. That's huge, and you deserve a pat on the back! Don't give up, you can do this!
ReplyDeleteoh yes! Strategic grocery shopping can really cut back on that out of control stuff. when I strategic shop, and then crave something that I didn't buy, I tend to just get over the craving a lot quicker. Whew!
ReplyDeleteI have been having a tough time with food too! I am so hungry lately...and all that tempting food is around. Sometimes I find myself say no all day to tempting food, only to get home and overeat on my typical dinner. Driving me crazy!
ReplyDelete