Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Call For Help

A funny story to share...

***Names have been changed to protect the innocent. :)

About two summer's ago, my friend Christy sent me a text picture message of her in a Spanx garmet like the one in the picture to the left. In the her message it said, "Come help me!!! I am trapped in this Spanx in the dressing room and I am serious!!!"

Well, after I stopped laughing and got up off the floor, I called her.


She was stuck in the dressing room in the Spanx slip!!! She had been trying one on to go under a dress for a wedding. It looked just like this picture...only Christy doesn't quite look like this woman. She is about 5 feet tall and she struggles with her weight....um, especially in her middle and boob section. Are you getting the mental picture yet?

It was hilarious. To her, too. Believe me. She laughs at life and herself. I love her.

She had to rip the tags off that thing. Pay for it. I met her at her house, and we WRESTLED her out of that thing. She wanted to cut it off. I absolutely wouldn't let her due to the cost of said item. I went with the motto: you got into it, we will get you out of it! And...we did. With a lot of tugging and pulling. She may have lost some skin that night, but we both counted it as a workout. Hee hee hee.

Moral to the story...be careful in those durn dressing rooms!!!!

J

8 comments:

  1. haha, that IS hilarious. OMG I just hate the ones that you pull up and they sit under your bust. Giving you this rolly flab thing up high... or the ones that come down your thigh like tight cycling shorts... that push ALLLL the fat down to your knees. Ha. I have some bad spanx experiences/stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She ripped the tags off, paid for it, and wore it home?! OMG! And, you're such a good friend for helping her out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! Thx for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing - needed a laugh too. Just popping in to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonder New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, meant to say wonderful New Year - not really sure what a wonder new year is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That IS hilarious !! Awesome. I'm five feet tall EXACTLY ... but oh um, ya I can relate to this...but at least I COULD rip the thing off me...and in the dressing room!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!